19 October 2008

Chua Soi Lek sex scandal will never be forgotten.

Have I all lost my bearing or was it my moral compass doesn’t shared the same polar with the Malaysian Chinese Association. Honestly, last night I was shock to learn that Chua Soi Lek won the second highest post in MCA.

I think he don’t deserve any post. He is an adulterer, he admitted to it and he even resigned from all the posts he held when his video appear in public. Back then, it was the right thing to do. It never been because of the video, it’s because he did it. It was wrong and he knows it and he resigned. It was a common value accepted by all that a leader must be free of all wrong doing, privately and publicly.

It doesn’t matter if a man is capable if his judgments are blemished.

I’ve admired MCA approached. They are open, but yet not too liberal. They’ve tried to become more transparent. Two term rule for presidency to give chances for a new generation to bring in new ideas is an excellent example. I’m hoping other parties will follow soon. But now it’s back to square one again. By allowing leaders who exited in disgrace manner to return will not make it more liberal. It wills only bringing back the old agendas, it’s a step back and not a progress.

No comments: