11 October 2008

Not just a little bit too much, just too much!


It was the biggest joke when Shah Rukh Khan is announced as one of the receivers of the Datukship. Come on! What going on here? Try to do your own survey, ask around among your friends; is he worthy of the Datukship? Or is it means nothing nowadays and that a Dato’ can be given so freely to anybody.

I restrain myself from commenting on the subject of Datukship awards out of the respect to the Rulers right. I have try to make up some rational and concluded that I have to accept the fact that Nicol David, despite of how young she is, deserve a Datukship, and now she is Datuk Nicol David because of her reputation as world no. 1 in her respective sport, Squash. Even though I assume not many of us know or have any interest in it. But the rest is too much, its pokes me and I’m finding it hard not to laugh.

It really tickles me when I heard that Lee Chong Wei is also being awarded because of his performance in Olympic, and seriously, I thought 2nd places are the biggest loser.

Our Angkasawan got his title basically by entering a competition. I envy him for being the luckiest Malaysian. He won the first place and the price winner is 10 days trip to International Space Station with all expanses including 6 months training in Russia, paid by our tax money. A Datukship is an added bonus for doing well on television and he is now Datuk Dr Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor.

In serious note, it is a shame when some states are trying to restrain and limited their Datuk awards to give it some value, the other seem doesn’t care. 77 Dato’ this year for such a small state like Malacca doesn’t seem right. I hope this wont spark a trend, I mean if Shah Rukh Khan is acceptable, then why not Tom Cruise or Angelina Jolie for that matter.

No comments: